So I was thinking to myself, I’ve been painting way too many Middle-Earth and Fantasy models lately. I really need to get back to the 15mm WWII stuff before Kuribo loses patience with this blog completely. So with that, a couple of weeks ago I got started on two boxes of German stuff that I’d wanted to get done for a few months now. The first one of those boxes was this one – a platoon of Marder III artillery pieces for my Afrika Korps force.
These weren’t too bad to paint – the biggest issue actually being all of the crewmen, since I really don’t enjoy painting 15mm infantry models.
When I was almost done, I realised that I’d not added any additional stowage to any of these kits, and that all four crews were identical. I passed on adding any stowage, but did pry off the gunner of the lead Marder to replace him with a spare (metal) standing artillery crewman, just to help distinguish the lead model a little more easily that squinting at the numbers on the sides of the models’ hulls.
And that’s pretty much it. The other kit I started alongside have turned out to have an unforeseen issue, so I’m waiting on an ebay purchase of some teeny-tiny ball bearings to rectify the problem, so I’ll get those finished up whenever my small balls arrive in the post!