Hey all! Hoping that you had as good a Christmas as possible, and that most of you are at least able to have a bit of a rest this week before heading back to work soon and into what will hopefully be a better year than the dumpster fire in a shitstorm that was 2020.
Speaking for myself, I’m finally getting a bit of a break from 2020 now at the end of December, and so it’s time to post again while I have a bit of energy. I’ll get caught up on things (comments, other people’s posts, round-ups, my own posts) as and when I can. Today I’ll share what I finished in October. I only technically touched Orctober this year, but I guess I inadvertently managed to get a little bit of Zomtober-themed stuff done as well, though not nearly as much as in September (or, ironically, November). I did finally finish my Celestial Lions Dreadnought for Dreadtober, though!
As with September, it’s dominated by scenery and board game models. Similarly to September, there were a couple of good reasons for both of those – the tail end of Dave’s Scenery challenge kept on rolling, and the fact that we were actually playing boardgames as opposed to miniatures wargames – and of course both are a little more forgiving when it comes to your concentration and focus not being at 100%. Yes, I recycled most of this paragraph from September’s post, since it also applies to October.
it was at least satisfying to complete that Dread, and those sci-fi crates, and the turret, and those ruined buildings. You know how it is when you’ve had stuff part-painted for a very long time and see it frequently (or simply when you start something and then have to see it in a base-coated condition constantly!) I started a large and (will be) impressive modular terrain project back around then that I stalled completely on while waiting for more parts, and now it’s just still in the way. Maybe I should try to finish it in January when not painting Space Marines or playing videogames…
36 models completed in October, which just scrapes by my unofficial monthly target of a minimum of 1 model for each day (spoiler alert! I missed this in December!) So assuming I can still perform basic addition correctly, 36 models added to the 361 up to the end of September gives me 397, so I did at least beat my annual target of 365+.