Necromunda! Necro’17 Consoles & Levers

Necromunda! Necro'17 Consoles & Levers, Necromunda Barricades and Objectives 2017

We’re entering a bit of time where I’ll be switching from trying to have posts every second day to daily for a little while. That’s because I’ve finally (mostly) gotten over my winter illness(es), am feeling alright (if very tired) and have a bit of time from work to get painting between weekends, leave from work and a couple of public holidays. Since it’s already mid-September and I still haven’t gotten the August round-up done, if I stick to the 2-day posting schedule with what I already need to post, it’ll be the 21st of September when I post the stuff that already needs to be posted. Assuming I don’t finish any more models before then. And I’m planning on finishing several more models before then…

I do prefer to have more short posts with just a couple of models than more infrequent mega-posts, even if posting more frequently has far fewer views or comments, simply because it’s easier for me when I want to go back and check on things, though I will of course “stack” things that go together. I justy don’t want to be in the situation of spending half of October posting up September’s models…

Necromunda! Necro'17 Consoles & Levers, Necromunda Barricades and Objectives 2017

Anyway, meta-commentary aside, I finally knuckled down and made myself assemble (ok, glue down) and paint these small console pieces, originally from the Necromunda: Underhive boxed set released in 2017. yes, these simple things have been sitting around for 5 years… I’m ashamed. I used some Vallejo Smoky Ink on these to give a grimy, used look but that hasn’t come up well in the photos. I also used HIPS bases from the Sedition Wars Kickstarter, which were the only positive thing to come out ot that experience. When taking these pics, I found it funny to see the size of them when compared to normal humans as well as some marines. The only model that doesn’t look tiny compared to them is the Primaris. Perhaps they were originalkly designed to be used without bases, though without bases they’re the least stable things you’ll have ever encountered in your life.

These bits are currently available in the Necromunda Barricades and Objectives set from GW. I’ve painted …most of the other bits and pieces from the sets a lot closer to when I picked them up, and it looks like I’ve now only got the ammo crates, loose ammo, little shrine-things and objective markers to go. So if I ever find them and am in the right mood, I should be able to smash them out. See you tomorrow with more little bits and pieces!

Warhammer Quest – Cursed City: Captain Emelda Braskov

Warhammer Quest - Cursed City: Captain Emelda Braskov

Something different today – a Warhammer model that was released relatively recently! I started painting Emelda here after being inspired by seeing the female Stormcast Vanquisher painted by Wudugast, the creator behind the Convert or Die blog. When I first saw Wudu’s model, it was on my phone while I was out and about, so at first I thought the model was the Cursed City heroine rather than a Stormcast, so after I got home, I cracked open my Cursed City box and snipped the good captain off her sprue with the thought of getting her painted for Fembruary…

Warhammer Quest - Cursed City: Captain Emelda Braskov

It wasn’t until just a little bit later that i got back to actually reading Wudugast’s post, and found that the model which had inspired me was actually a different one to the figure I’d grabbed out and started work on, but by then it didn’t matter. As you can see by my photos, I pretty much went with “box art” as my colour scheme for this one – I figure I’ll go convert-happy with later copies of this model and can get interesting later on.

Warhammer Quest - Cursed City: Captain Emelda Braskov

Now that she’s complete, I’ve since been inspired not only by Wudugast’s Cursed City models but also very much by Alex of Leadbaloony’s fantastic series of Cursed City models and Dave Kay of Scent of a Gamer’s Cursed City series to add Cursed City to my roster of board games I’m actively working on. I also realised that I’ve got enough fully-painted models of all of the various kinds that we can probably play through the entire campaign using proxies – replacing them with the “real” models as I complete them. With this month also being “Monster MAYhem“, I’ve already got a few models getting through assembly and onto basing and priming….