I guess I probably have to go through all of my old Night Goblin model popsts and add the Gloomspite Gitz tag. Well, I will at some point, but not today. I also see I need to free a bunch of those posts from those dickholes at Photobucket, so I guess I’ll do both tasks at once.
Flames have been a common motif on models I’ve painted recently, and that’s going to continue for some time – especially as I contonue compleitng models that have been started at various times over the last two or three decades. On this model I went with yellow flames on red cloth, echoing what I did a few months ago with the “Gift Goblin”. I figured that it works for a Shaman, who can do what they want much more than the average grot, and also because I liked how it looked on the other model. Not every Shaman will have this sort of thing, but on some it works nicely to maek them out. I guess I could do the same with purples and a few other colours instead of red and it’ll also look nice.
Anyway, this model took me ages (years) to get through and once again, thanks again to the Tray, it’s done! Yay!
Today I have a relatively recent model by my own, odd standards – yes, this model is only(!) 9 years old, being a Warrior Priest of Sigmar that was released alongside the 8th edition Empire army book. I always liked the sub-range of Warrior-priests, and this one in particular – so I managed to pick up a few of the models before they all went OOP.
This model wasn’t on the Tray this time, though it would have been due at some point before too many had passed, since it’s such a nice model. Though the actual reason it got finished and you’re looking at it now is because of the D&D boardgames. Basically, Marounda and I have been running 2 characters each, and my pair have been a Human Rogue and a Human Cleric. At first I fished out the half-painted model and was using it, until I decided to brong it inside and finish it off, using a Reiksgard …which, I ..uh recently finished and was about to link to ..but apparently havent photographed or posted yet. So.. there’s another thing for me to do, then.
Anyway, this model was a little bit of a hard one to work on, but wasn’t unenjoyable. Just one that kept kicking up those mental blocks that hit us with some models that we paint. I painted his hammer and armoured gorget with blued steel, and used some decals for the text on his holy tome and chest-scripture.
Once it was complete and varnished, I took it back inside because I felt it was missing just a little something – so I added the freehand on his cloak. A pattern around his hood, and the filigree on the cloak edges, featuring a skull stylised as the twin-tailed comet of Sigmar. An enjoyable final touch, and also one that really finished the figure off nicely. Now he’s spent the past week or so smiting foes and cracking skulls through the Wrath of Ashardalon adventures. I’m just happy to have completed the model before we completed the campaign I’m using him in!