Another quick one today – and another pair of terrain bits I started just before last month’s Terrain Challenge by Dave Stone concluded – but completed a little late, in the first days of this month – a pair of Fountains from Mantic’s Terrain Crate Temple set. (And yes, I got two of the sets). I was originally going to paint them differently, but decided to go identical so they can easily be used on the same table. These will be pretty versatile – they work for historicals, fantasy, moderns, and sci-fi – as our lovely spokemodels here illustrate. Hell, I could even see these in a trashed urban area in something like Fallout 3 or 4….
Two posts in the same day? Yeah, I don’t like doing it this way, but I want to catch up rather than have the September posts run halfway through October (like August did to September). As it is, there’ll still be a few into October. Why not combine lots of stuff into fewer posts? I used to do that, but I like each thing to have its own post mostly because it makes things a ton easier for me when I go back looking for specific posts and/or models, so I’ll combine stuff from the same lines or that work thematically closely, but these fountains don’t play well with the mechanical whatsit from the previous post, so they each get their own…
Once again I have a whole bunch of little bits from Mantic’s Terrain Crate Kickstarter – as with last timne, these are not from any particular pack – just from the stuff I considered “ready to paint” without a bunch of additional preparation like resetting with hot water, etc. Evenb though I painted the shackle tables identically, I painted the “tool” tables as though one was old-timey surgical equipment, while the other perhapos used for Torturer’s Tools.
These are hedges. Really.
These hedges are fine for moulded plastic. I retextured the ground with Vallejo paste, and added some flock in patches to the ground. I could have covered the actual hedges in flock as well, but it would have been messy and the stuff would probably continue to fall off for a long time to come. Not worth the time – if I’m going to flock hedges, I’d probably do my own fron scratch…
This little wheelbarrow and bucket could go into a corner almost anywhere across a lot of genres.
A pile of bedrolls and pouches and a lantern. x3. Painted them with the same colours but with all of the individual components being different colours across the three, though the lanterns each use different palettes.
A pair of Iron Maidens. Done in brassy-coppery tones for a bit of extra colour over doing them in boring old silver-iron tones.
And a pair of coffins, with optional skellingtons. They also fit into the Iron Maidens.
17 more little Mantic pieces in 21 bits. Although these were finished across August, you can see why I saved them for a compilation post at the end of the month – and those Skeletons were finished in the last moments of August! These are my final pieces for Dave Stone’s Winter of Scenery Challengeand I should have a post up tomorrow with all of the items I finished for that challenge over the two months.