I haven’t posted in a few days. I needed a break after a month of daily posts. So now I’m back, and here’s my own personal Squad: March round-up. I managed to complete five squads, based on needing to finish various numbers of models. I had another squad almost finished, but getting sick put the kibosh on that, as well as another that I’d hoped to finish, as well as two others I did a little bit of work on. I guess I’ll have plenty to work on for the next Squad Month in June.
In the end, the squads I ended up painting being almost a case of squad-based neglected models as well. A bunch of the ones I’m hoping to knock out next Squad-month also fit that bill.
I’ll post up a Squad:March community round-up with everyone else’s models shortly. Hopefully I don’t forget anyone’s stuff. 😮
These figures were found in their half-finished state – and finished off about a month ago. They were pretty much the last things I finished before stopping/changing over to the December project. Two of them had broken pikes, but I was unfortunately only able to find one. I re-glued it with plastic cement, and as you can see, the repair is a little rough. The other guy is pretty much sitting out for an indeterminate time until I can either find his pike or care enough to drill it out and replace it with wire. Not anytime soon, then!
Uruk-Hai Pikemen – the first of many!
No matter – later on when there are many more, the broken-pike guys will just blend into the masses. I’ll probably do 15 in the next batch of these for a total of 24, so I can set up either 2 regiments – or more likely – a horde of Pikemen for KoW. Not sure which rules to use for them yet. I’m thinking that their not-Chaos-Warriors list might be more appropriate for filmic LotR Uruks, though the pikes are going to be an issue. I’ll figure it out later, I guess. Might have to be a customised unit profile, though I prefer to avoid those.
I’ve just checked, and the completion of those guys brings my YTD total to 385 figures, which is more than I’ve ever finished before in a calendar year. It seems rather small compared to the amount I’ve bought this year, so that’s a bit of an issue. I’ll look into that a bit more in a couple of weeks when we all start doing our painting resolutions for 2016…