Unknown Monk Miniature

One of the great things about this little miniatures community we have is that we’re not just another Warhammer or 40k group, and that there’s a diverse group of people with diverse interests and areas of knowledge. Here’s a model that I simply have no idea about. I bought it well over a decade ago as part of that set of D&D/RPG models I’ve been painting and posting slowly. Of course, back then I cut down the integral metal base and put it on a round 25mm, and so even when I recently found it and applied a healthy dose of fucking finish this thing to the model to it, it didn’t matter that I cut off the last vestiges of the metal base, since there were no manufacturers’ markings left on it anyway. So if you regognise this model (I couldn’t find it on Reaper’s site) please let me know what it is, so I can edit this post! 🙂

Now, while I say fucking finish this thing, I should point out that this one wasn’t a simple matter of adding the details. The whole model was painted in an ugly drybrushed shade of grey, so counting the rebasing, it’s really been a complete (re?) paint. Though I’ll admit, it’s a pretty simple scheme. The Yin-Yang symbols are decals, by the way. I wanted them perfect, and while I enjoy the old freehand, I’m not at the point of perfectly circular circles. It’s still an awkward model, but, you know, done is done!

Oldhammer MD8 Skeleton Skullchucker/Screaming Skull Catapult Crew

Oldhammer MD8 Skeleton Skullchucker/Screaming Skull Catapult Crew

This trio of skellingtons are, obviously, from the original Skullchucker (later known as the Screaming Skull) Catapult, released as part of the MD8 Skeleton War Machines boxed set, way back in October 1987. This isn’t my first Skullchucker crew, as I painted and posted my previous one back in 2015. These guys I picked up off of eBay probably shortly after finally painting the previous one, as I was well into building the Undead army for KoW at the time. As often happens with eBay purchases, the models were badly painte,d and so these needed stripping. Worse, though was that the catapult itself seemed to have part of it’s frame sawn in half at some stage, so it’s presently somewhere in bits, probably in a jar of dried-out paint stripper that I’ll need to get to sometime so I can repair it, paint it and reunite this set of models.

Sometime when the weather is nicer and I don’t have the relentless bullshit of life pounding at me. Maybe/hopefully over summer if all goes well (ha!) It certainly won’t be in October!