Oldhammer MD8 Skeleton Skullchucker/Screaming Skull Catapult Crew

Oldhammer MD8 Skeleton Skullchucker/Screaming Skull Catapult Crew

This trio of skellingtons are, obviously, from the original Skullchucker (later known as the Screaming Skull) Catapult, released as part of the MD8 Skeleton War Machines boxed set, way back in October 1987. This isn’t my first Skullchucker crew, as I painted and posted my previous one back in 2015. These guys I picked up off of eBay probably shortly after finally painting the previous one, as I was well into building the Undead army for KoW at the time. As often happens with eBay purchases, the models were badly painte,d and so these needed stripping. Worse, though was that the catapult itself seemed to have part of it’s frame sawn in half at some stage, so it’s presently somewhere in bits, probably in a jar of dried-out paint stripper that I’ll need to get to sometime so I can repair it, paint it and reunite this set of models.

Sometime when the weather is nicer and I don’t have the relentless bullshit of life pounding at me. Maybe/hopefully over summer if all goes well (ha!) It certainly won’t be in October!

Small Scenics: Secret Weapon Miniatures’ Imperial Generator

Secret Weapon Miniatures' Imperial Generator

What we have here today is another piece of terrain that I’ve had sitting around for years that I spotted and decided to just get fucking painted and done. An Imperial Generator from Secret Weapon Miniatures, I didn’t get this piece as part of the 2-pack, nor with the console. Instead, I got it as part of a couple of “Bag O Crap” bundles I purchased back in December of 2013. What was wrong with it? Well, a big chunk of one of the ends was simply not there. Which was the main reason I never got around to fixing or painting it. I’d added some acrylic putty to it years ago, bit it didn’t really fill much when the moisture dried, and then it sat forgotten in that plastic tub where the other recently-posted resin scenery sat.

So when I saw it, I got it out, mixed up some greenstuff, “fixed” it, let it dry, cut it back (you can see in the pic it’s still not perfect” and then had to decide whether to paint it off-white, red, green or something else. I went with a nice generic grey, with copper for the coils and gubbins. Got it painted nice and clean, aadded some Nihilakh Oxide, then dirtied the shit out of it with Vallejo Wash, and it was pretty much done, bar the spray varnish. Done!