What we have here today is another piece of terrain that I’ve had sitting around for years that I spotted and decided to just get fucking painted and done. An Imperial Generator from Secret Weapon Miniatures, I didn’t get this piece as part of the 2-pack, nor with the console. Instead, I got it as part of a couple of “Bag O Crap” bundles I purchased back in December of 2013. What was wrong with it? Well, a big chunk of one of the ends was simply not there. Which was the main reason I never got around to fixing or painting it. I’d added some acrylic putty to it years ago, bit it didn’t really fill much when the moisture dried, and then it sat forgotten in that plastic tub where the other recently-posted resin scenery sat.
So when I saw it, I got it out, mixed up some greenstuff, “fixed” it, let it dry, cut it back (you can see in the pic it’s still not perfect” and then had to decide whether to paint it off-white, red, green or something else. I went with a nice generic grey, with copper for the coils and gubbins. Got it painted nice and clean, aadded some Nihilakh Oxide, then dirtied the shit out of it with Vallejo Wash, and it was pretty much done, bar the spray varnish. Done!