Just a quickie today. We’re completely into September’s models now, and so I’ve got a couple of pieces that I started several years ago, dug out (ok, found part-painted in a tub and decided to finish) for Dave Stone’s annual Season of Scenery challenge, didn’t get done in time, though now I’ve completed them and can get them the hell out of here and into the War Room. Hopefully I’ll get a whole bunch of other stuff I started/found done as well in the next few weeks and clear some space to start newer projects and models.
They’re pretty simple, small pieces, though they are actually pretty nice. They’d work well enough in any modern or post-apoc setting from Crisis Protocol to Zona Alfa. They are a little small, as noted – but they’re made to fit a certain sized space on a boardgame tile, so I certainly can’t complain there. They came in a pack filled with a whole bunch of 3D doors that open and close – the sort of thing that works well as a game aid but are completely uninteresting as things to paint. I used a little touch of the Dirty Down Rust effect on them here and there as well to try out – I’ll be going harder with it in some later pieces of terrain.
I’ll get August’s round-up done in a week or so. Busy, tired and need to do a bunch of cleaning up before I can get to clearing the desk once again.