Another one-off post today. I do prefer to have at least a pair of models for my non-larger-or-hero-model blog posts, but at the same time I like to keep them to the ame theme or faction, so with no other Necromunda models on the immediate horizon (at least to be completed this month) up goes this guy! I actually referenced this model back last May, (was it really that long ago? Holy shit!) when I finished the last two of the Escher models that I’d previously started back in the 1990’s and had found this guy in the same figure case, started with the intention of adding him to my original 90’s gang (which was made of all sorts of models) but never finished.
This was one of the three models that Marouda picked for me to paint when I recently felt uninspired and asked her to choose something off the desk for me to paint. As it happened, I ended up giving him a full repaint, with the exception of his flesh, which I just used as a base coat for this. Not that he was all that far along initially, to be quite honest.
The paintjob ended up pretty straightforward – I just used typical “Goliath” colours and slowly made my way around the model, painting all the bits. When it was close to completion, I realised it really needed some tattoos to break up all that bloated buff flesh, and so I had to wait for it to stop raining before I could give it a protective coat before going back in with the ink. I prefer to do this before painting on (most) tattoos on models, as it makes it easier to clean up if/when I screw something up. Two days of solid rain meant I started to have a little spray backlog build up, so instead, I’ve had to prepare more 15mm terrain pictures so I’ve got posts to go up!