To start February off, I had big plans. The first of which was to work on some models for Alex’s Fembruary challenge. Naturally, the first thing that I did was try to clear up the painting desk just a little. In doing so, I found a little bunch of reaper Bones models that I’d based and sprayed with Shellac some time ago in order to hopefully have them cooperate with actual paint. So I painted them instead of actual femme models – to get rid of them from the table forever – you understand! This little ghosty-thing is called Death Shroud.
I painted one of these with Hexwraith Flame and the other with Nighthaunt Gloom – GW’s proto-Contrast paints. Unfortunately, I was not happy at all with how they turned out. Yes, even for disposable Bones models. So I repainted both of them in a scheme more reminiscent of how I’d painted my previous Bones Ghosty-types and the “official” GW scheme for their Nighthaunt faction. Which, let’s face it, looks pretty bloody good. I mean they don’t pay all those artists and graphic designers to come up with shit-looking colour schemes. Anyway, I’m actually pretty happy with how these turned out in the end.
And painted, finished, done! Next!