Reaper Bones 77636: Death Shroud

Reaper Bones 77636: Death Shroud

To start February off, I had big plans. The first of which was to work on some models for Alex’s Fembruary challenge. Naturally, the first thing that I did was try to clear up the painting desk just a little. In doing so, I found a little bunch of reaper Bones models that I’d based and sprayed with Shellac some time ago in order to hopefully have them cooperate with actual paint. So I painted them instead of actual femme models – to get rid of them from the table forever – you understand! This little ghosty-thing is called Death Shroud.

Reaper Bones 77636: Death Shroud

I painted one of these with Hexwraith Flame and the other with Nighthaunt Gloom – GW’s proto-Contrast paints. Unfortunately, I was not happy at all with how they turned out. Yes, even for disposable Bones models. So I repainted both of them in a scheme more reminiscent of how I’d painted my previous Bones Ghosty-types and the “official” GW scheme for their Nighthaunt faction. Which, let’s face it, looks pretty bloody good. I mean they don’t pay all those artists and graphic designers to come up with shit-looking colour schemes. Anyway, I’m actually pretty happy with how these turned out in the end.

And painted, finished, done! Next!

Reaper Bones 77007: Ghost (Gender-Ambiguous March ’19)

Reaper Bones 77007: Ghost

After seeing Maenoferren22 over on Bogenwald post up his Reaper Bones Ghost the other day as part of the Gender-Ambiguous challenge, I realised that I had a pair of them myself sitting around on the painting desk, which I’d used as test models for the new(ish) “ghost” paints by GW, Hexwraith Flame and Nighthaunt Gloom – which both turned out to be a bit of a disaster.

Reaper Bones 77007: Ghost

So, the logical thing was to try and smash them both out quickly for the challenge (again, on the 30th of March). This was achieved by going onto YouTube and seeing what Warhammer TV said about painting Nighthaunt models. So I simply followed the simple instructions on the video, and in the process got both of these painted to a passable tabletop level and also learned a bit more about using these paints. Especially Nighthaunt Gloom. Basing was done in the same style as the rest of my Undead Models with gravestones on their bases, alongside the other Reaper Miniature, the Dragon Plant – also featuring a whole lot of flowers…