Back to Nurgle again today. Finally. A second trio of Plague Toads. Even though it’s been almost exactly two months since the first trio that I shared, I actually started on all of my Plague Toads at once, I just ended up splitting them off into their overall colours, and so the “brown” ones got finished first, and now, finally, I’ve finished the “green” trio.
These are some really nice models, really – but so very busy, especially when compared to the smooth lines of the new plastics. I’ve got a few more old-school metal Nurgle models still to assemble and get through before I go onto the plastics, though – as well as a bit more resin and a couple of extra surprises that I’m already working on.
As with the brown trio, I gave these green ones some broad stripes of darker green across their backs, the rear view being where they stand out the most. I felt that it gives the green a bit more depth and makes these unnatural, daemonic beasts look that little bit more “natural”.
I also ran some thinned purple and yellows through them in various places – again to vary their flesh tones that little bit.
Now here’s some individual portraits of the three of them – I’m basically out of words, so enjoy the photos!