#Fembruary 2022 Completed!

Here’s my final round-up for the #Fembruary 2022 community painting challenge, originally started by Alex from the Leadbaloony blog. This year Alex was rather busy and so this corner of the blogging community just went ahead and did it anyway in a more decentralised manner. Unlike last year when I had a strong focus and painted a Warband of Viking Shieldmaidens, 2022’s models were a little more eclectic, with a mixture of models I actively wanted to get painted for gaming – focusing on females from within that sphere – some models that had been hanging around part-painted for years (or longer) and a couple that were picked out and painted specifcally due to it being Fembruary.

Me being me, of course I didn’t get nearly as many models done for this challenge as I’d wanted to – and in one case couldn’t even find a specific set I wanted to paint for this year’s challenge even after finding them and setting them aside! I’ve got 9 more models in the medium-to-high priority category sitting on the desk that range from close to finished to primed and based, so hopefully I can get all of those painted in the next couple of months regardless of any specific challenge to get female models painted!

#Fembruary 2021 Completed – Bad Squiddo Viking Shieldmaidens & Morgana.

Here’s my final round-up for Alex’s #Fembruary 2021 challenge over on Leadbaloony. 16 Viking Shieldmaidens plus a hero model. All of these are ones I picked up in the Bad Squiddo Shieldmaiden Kickstarter. I enjoyed p[ainting these models. I’ve had them in the back of my mind to work on for some time since I’d all but finished my metal Vikings until I got a pile from this campaign. There were a lot of other models I’d selected and prepared for the Fembruary challenge (almost 40 more models in fact!) I’m sure I’ll get to a lot more of them before next Fembruary, though it’s certainly time for a rest from the vikings for the time being…

There are four more female models that were my original picks for the challenge but although I did work on them, the Vikings ended up taking over. Hopefully I can get them done in March at least. 🙂