Sector Mechanicus #6: More Thermic Plasma Conduits

More Thermic Plasma Conduits, today – I meant to get this post up yesterday, but working from home sometimes means that I need to be working and then going shopping for food when I can rather than taking those last few photos and posting up on the blog, so they’re here now. I am however, writing up both today and tomorrow’s posts, as I photographed the final bits for tomorrow’s post that I finished on Monday night. The plan so far is to take a pic of all the terrain I painted in July and August together later today for a personal round-up pic. It’ll also then mean I can put the stuff away because it’s completely overwhelmed the area I use for temporary storage.

With these pieces, I found that after the previous pipes I put together, I had a bunch of damaged section end-caps leftover. I initially decided to cut one normal pipe seciton in half and make a pair of cut-off pieces, but then following that I wanted to make a pair of damaged sections that were the regular length of a “normal” pipe to give me some extra versatility on the tabletop. The two half-pieces worked out nicely, but I was left with another couple of end-cap offcuts from the longer damaged pipes, so I used some of the extra end-caps and the the offcut end-cap on the final piece to create a slightly-longer than normal “X-intersection” of pipes that still wasn’t so extreme so could just add length if needed, OR provide a full T or X-intersection. As a little bonue, I also painted all of the little lights on the broken sections in red, because a broken pipe is probably bad…

Once again, this one goes up for Dave Stone’s Winter of Scenery Challenge! One last post of painted stuff tomorrow, then the collection on Sunday.