Just a single model today once again. Because I lost a few days of significant paint time to computer reconstruction on top of the usual committments, I wasn’t able to do my usual and finish a bunch of figures through the week/on the weekend to set up a few days worth of posts by the Sunday a week ago. And then I completely lost my blogging mojo for awhile as per usual, my opportunity to have a quiet, restful day where I mostly paint without anyone or anything bothering me was once again not possible last weekend. I sure bitch a lot here lately, don’t I?
Anyway, speaking of Other People, someone in my family who I haven’t seen for awhile asked me to paint a miniature for her some time back. More specifically, they asked me to paint “one of your little models, a monster – but cute”. Well, that left few choices really, and so I went with a Night Goblin that I had already assembled. As per usual, it took me some time to get much done on it, and as is so often the case, the month’s challenge gave me the little push I needed to spot the figure, slap some paint on it and go “sod it, now it’s done”.
Since the model isn’t for any form of tabletop, I mounted it on a slightly-scenic resin base, and didn’t worry about the typical Night Goblin scheme, instead opting for red with yellow flames. As it turns out, it’s quite similar to the goblin on the Ravening Hordes army list cover for WHFB 6th Edition. My thoiught was simply to be a bit more colourful, as befits a display-oriented model. Anyway, the model is a goblinoid, it’s done, and now I’ve finally finished an actual greenskin for Orctober!