February 2021 – Personal Painting Round-Up + Paint What You Got Challenge Round-Up

Another simple month in painting for February with an output on the lower side. 16 models in total, which is a far cry from my nominal target of 28 – one per day for each month. As with January, there hasn’t been any bulking out (artificial inflation?) of the numbers here with scatter terrain bits and bobs – each of the models here is a “proper” model, though the Bones figures are on the simpler side. I guess the most noteworthy thing on these models isn’t that they’re exactly new, but that they were all painted from scratch. None of these were half-painted and sitting around for months or years (or decades). They were all done from bare metal (or shellac-primed Bonesium PVC).

These 16 added to January’s 27 brings me to 43 models completed by the end of February. I’ve got  abit of catching up to do, but I’m sure that at some point this year I’ll be enthused to paint a whole mess of little trash cans or post boxes or fences or some such, so I’m not too worried about that right now. And yeah, a few of the Viking ladies were completed in March, so they’re missing from this pic but will be in the next monthly round-up…

It does also mean that I’ve painted a total of 49 models in total for Dave Stone’s Paint What You Got Challenge. Four separate photos – sorry, Dave! No time to go and dig out the Dec and Jan models – and I’m not entirely sure where they all are right now since a lot of them are in foam storage cases at this point…

That talking these February models, the models from January (obviously) as well as the Space Marines I finished at the very end of December just after Dave’s challenge began – a squad of Terminators as well as a Librarian. Kinda amusing (to me, at least) that the three types of Space Marines I’ve completed over this period of time belong to three completely different armies/chapters. So much for focus!

A big thanks to Dave for running this challenge – they’re always fun to participate in and good for targeted motivation – especially in these days where actual games are something of a rarity for me.

Also, thanks to both Ann and Alex for their “First of the Year” and “Fembruary” challenges that overlapped with Dave’s painting challenge. Now I’m working on some stuff for Swordmaster’s Monster March, which meant I immediately got distracted from the models I was working on to work on a different model, and now with Ann’s newest “Neglected But Not Forgotten” painting challenge (something I ran quite a few of, and will seemingly never run out of fodder for) I got distracted from the distraction and painted an entirely different pair today – but I’m still happy with that. 2 models start-to-finish in a day is something I’m pretty pleased with (shy of varnish due to rain, and post-varnish blood effects)…